Senior Sous Chef - Melbourne - $70k-75k + super
Category: Sous Chef
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Established hotel group
- A mix between a la carte, banquets and events
- $70,000-$75,000 + super + career progression
About the company and role
A venue rich in character and history has a rare opening for an established professional to join an exciting group.
My client has a modern approach to management, believing in a great company culture that feeds off the passion of its people, who bring the kitchen to life.
As a Senior Sous Chef, you will be managing and leading a medium sized brigade with the assistance of the Head Chef.
You will be in charge and share responsibility of ordering, rostering, stock take and have strong input in menu development and changes as well as ensuring all sections are running to the highest of standards.
The select candidate will have a minimum of 4* hotel experience across multiple outlets/kitchens across banquets, events, conferencing, a la carte service and breakfast.
- $70k-75k + super (pending on experience)
- Improve on you leadership qualities and whilst driving business
- Supportive management team and head office
- Career progression for the right candidate - this role could easily lead to a Head Chef role
- It's not all about service - assist with events, manage par levels, rostering
Skills & experience
- 2+ years experience as a Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef is required to be considered for this role
- Great leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience running service whilst managing a medium size brigade
- Follows food trends and creative flair in the kitchen
- Certificate III Commercial Cookery or trained apprentice
- Advanced understanding of food safety & hygiene, OHS
- Confident working in a highly compliant kitchen
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact me on the details below for a confidential discussion.
*Applicants with permanent residency will only be considered for this role.